An Taoiseach Micheál Martin has tonight announced a range of new restrictions aimed at curbing the infection rate of Covid-19 in Ireland. The entire country will move to Level 5 from midnight on Wednesday for a period of six weeks.
Schools and childcare services will remain open.
As earlier reported, a number of changes have been made to the Framework with the guidelines now the following:
- A support bubble of pairing one household with one other household in order to prevent social isolation for those living alone
- Attendance at weddings will remain at 25 guests
- Restaurants and cafes will be open for takeaway only.
- Only Essential Retail will be allowed stay open.
- People can exercise within a 5km radius of their homes.
- Essential workers can continue to travel to work, otherwise working from home must take place.
- Construction work will continue, as will most manufacturing.
The Pandemic Unemployment Payment will be restored to €350 for those with prior earnings of €400 or above.
More more information visit www.gov.ie/