Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has announced yesterday evening that now is the time for further action. To slow the virus down, and to push it back and contain it.
With affect from midnight tonight, for two weeks, everyone must stay at home in all circumstances except for the following:
- Travel to and from work, for the purposes of work only where work is an essential service.
- Shop for food or household goods, or to collect a meal.
- To attend medical appointments
- For vital family reasons
-To take brief individual physical exercise, within 2km of your own home.
-Farming purposes, food production and care of animals.
-All public and private gatherings, with any number of people are prohibited outside of your family unit.
- All public transport, and passenger travel will be restricted to those providing essential services.
- No travel outside of 2km radius of your home, for any reason.